Tuckerman Inferno Race Report – Andrew Drummond
The race at Mount Washington in New Hampshire USA consists of:
- 8.3 mile (600ft elevation gain) run
- 5.5 mile kayak on the Saco River ( 200ft total elevation drop) 2-3 class II rapids sections
- 18.2 mile road bike (2,000ft elevation gain)
- 3 mile hike or skin (2,268ft elevation gain) up the Tuckerman Ravine Trail on Mount Washinton
- Variable distance (according to snow conditions) downhill ski/snowboard course to finish.
Andrew Drummond has won the race 5 times so far. Here’s his race report from 2016.